Friday 14 June 2013

Taking some leave

Hello. My name is Kostas Economides and I am a lecturer in the Department of Economics at the University of the South of England (USE for short). Well, actually that is not true really as the names of individuals and institutions in this blog have been changed to protect the innocent - and the guilty!

This will be my last blog post for a couple of weeks as I am going to take some leave. Jenny has persuaded me that we should go somewhere together although we haven't exactly decided where to go yet. It will be somewhere in England though. Maybe down to Dorset or over in East Sussex. We will just check the web for some B&Bs that look nice. Let's hope the weather is kind to us.

I will be back for the graduation ceremony though. I wouldn't want to miss that. It is always nice to see your students all dressed up and getting their degrees. And you get to meet the parents too which can be very interesting.

There will also be a visit next month from Denise and Simon who used to be in the department but are now both Professors down under. They are coming over to the UK for a summer visit with their son Evan to see Denise's parents. I have kept in touch with them via Facebook but it will be good to see them in person and catch up with what they have been doing.

So I will sign off for a bit now. If you need to get in touch with me I shall still check my emails. Or you can leave a message with Molly May. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment